2018tue02oct9:00 am9:00 amEvent OverFree Citizenship Workshop9:00 am - 9:00 am CET, 701 Vine St. San Jose, CA 95110 Event Organized By: CET Immigration & Citizenship Program
At the event, you will receive FREE eligibility screening, application assistance and review of your application by Immigration Attorneys and DOJ Accredited Representatives. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO Bring your confirmation number! Be
At the event, you will receive FREE eligibility screening, application assistance and review of your application by Immigration Attorneys and DOJ Accredited Representatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Bring your confirmation number!
- Be on time! If you arrive late, we may not be able to assist you.
- You must apply in person. No-one else can apply for you.
- Bring all your required documents with you. See the lists below for required documents:
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENSHIP
To apply for citizenship, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have been a permanent resident for at least 4 years and 9 months (2 years and 9 months if married to a U.S. citizen)
- have resided continuously in the United States since becoming a lawful permanent resident
- be able to read, write and speak English Click here for exemption information
- have knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government
- have good moral character for at least 5 years prior to applying for citizenship
- have resided in the district with jurisdiction over your place of residence for at least 3 months prior to the date prior to filing your application
- have continuously resided and been physically present in the U.S. as a permanent resident for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application
*See if you may already be a U.S. citizen by acquisition or derivation through your parents Click Here
TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP
- Lawful Permanent Resident Card (green card)
- Social Security Card and state issued I.D. or driver’s license
- DMV H6 Report (optional for those without any traffic citations)
- Court Records for all arrests, detentions, and convictions (even if sealed or expunged)
- Addresses of where you have lived in the past 5 years
- Employment history for the past 5 years (Name of employers, complete addresses, occupation/position, and dates from start to finish)
- Information of Current Spouse (complete name, date of birth, date of marriage, date and place spouse became a U.S. citizen or A# / USCIS# if permanent resident)
- If you were previously married, bring information of ALL ex-spouses (complete name, date of birth, date of marriage and date marriage ended)
- If your Current Spouse was previously married, bring information of ALL their ex-spouses (complete name, date of birth, date of marriage and date marriage ended)
- Information of all your children (complete names, dates of birth, complete addresses and A# if permanent residents)
- If your parents are/were U/S. citizens (complete name, date of birth, country of birth and date they became a U.S. citizen) A# if any
- Dates of all trips outside the U.S within the last 5 years (dates of departure and return to the U.S.)
- For men, Selective Service Information (registration number and date registered)
- If you do not qualify for the fee waiver the USCIS Fee for citizenship is $725 (if 75 years of age or older, only pay $640) Check or money order made payable to: Dept. of Homeland Security
TO APPLY FOR FEE WAIVERS
To apply for fee waivers, you must:
- be at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the Full Fee Waiver
- be between 150% and 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the Reduced Fee Waiver
- provide most recent Federal Income Tax Return (forms 1040 and W2s ) or Verification of Public Benefits from appropriate government agency (such as food stamps, cash aid, SSI etc…) or pay stubs for the most recent month.
CET Immigration & Citizenship Program408 534-5451 701 Vine St. Office 115, San Jose, CA 95110
Register to this event
Registration is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my registration
English, Spanish, Vietnamese